Thursday, March 28, 2013

The new Pope

Recently a new pope was elected: Pope Francis I. Before choosing his new name, his name was Jorge Mario Bergoglio. He was the cardinal for Buenos Aires, Argentina. Bergoglio is known for his humility and strong virtues of helping the poor. Francis I is also a Jesuit. This is especially an astounding thing for me and my school because we go to a JESUIT school. I think Pope Francis I is going to be a great pope. Already, he is doing things very differently in the church; he isn't going to live in the Pope's quarters of the Vatican but rather in the guest house. He has constantly been emphasizing his strong desire to help the poor (which is the reason he chose the name Francis) and to spread the faith. I think Frances I will bring the church to a new level and do a great job of spreading the faith across the world.



Here is the link to the Pope's full mass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdWZWDqhCdA 

No comments:

Post a Comment