Saturday, May 11, 2013

Ronald Davis


In society today, we constantly tell eachother to follow the golden rule or to think about "WWJD" (What Would Jesus Do), but do we really follow these things? This man above, Ronald Davis, would probably say that many people today do not treat others rightly. Davis is a homeless man who has to constantly beg people for money in order for him to eat and who has to constantly sleep outside in the cold. Davis told cameras how he is treated like scum and trash because he doesnt have a job. After this, Davis said something that made a lot of sense to me: people always tell me to get a job, but how can I get a job when I'm homeless. I can not dressed nicely, I dont have an address for employers to reach me, and I dont have a phone to talk to people. I think society today is cruel and treats humans wrong. "2258: Human life is sacred because from its beginning it involves the creative action of God and it remains for ever in a special relationship with the Creator, who is its sole end. God alone is the Lord of life from its beginning until its end: no one can under any circumstance claim for himself the right directly to destroy an innocent human being." Here, the catechism tells everyone that all human life is sacred because God created each and everyone of us in HIS image; we must treat eachother with respect because God created us all equal and with equal dignity. We must support our fellow man rather than demean and hurt him; looking at Davis's story, we can see that we must help the homeless. I can understand not giving money because of the fear of drugs or alcohol but maybe we can all give a little food, water, or snacks to the homeless. We must look out for eachother and love eachother like we love God and like we love ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment